Notes from the Universe

Friday, April 12, 2013

Acceptance

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.  They must be felt with the heart."  Helen Keller


My journey in life has been such an amazing and triumphant battle.  The strangest part to me is that the battle most of the time is with myself.  I can place blame, or look for comfort but I can only take care of "me."  I have walked through life as a romantic, optimist, pessimist, as an idiot, blind, through God's eyes,  leading with my heart and now I find I live more realistically with eyes wide open than ever before and more than I would like sometimes.

There is no wrong or right answer to most of my own questions, but its how I deliver the question and find the answers determines the quality of my outcomes.  Through observation, feedback, fights with friends, family, and girlfriend, reality checks and many more avenues I have come to a realization that just because you see yourself in a certain light does not mean others do as well.  Everyone is different.

How do we create a better understanding of ourselves to others? 

The beautiful fact of life is that, we are all individuals, from our internal wiring, experience, education, work , beliefs, routines, etc.   The very essence of what makes us different creates a gap and difference between 2 people.  Relationships take years to develop, maintain, and make successful.  However in one simple moment, the same moment you gain pure clarity and understanding, the next moment can be on another journey to gain a better grasp on what you just one moment ago thought you really understood.

Acceptance is by far the hardest concept to wrap your entire mind around.  I want it my way and you want it your way, we may meet in the middle but we may fight until we have a "win."  Healthy acceptance needs to start with selflessness and a open heart.  We are conditioned to dominate our own thoughts and less often show empathy towards a message or circumstance.  But, this does not come easy; it is followed by blood, sweat and tears. 

How do you live your life and  practice acceptance? 

Accept yourself because no one else will until then.  Find pure and utter surrender to enable yourself to learn, trust and accept the differences we have that makes us unique individuals.  We may lose ourselves from time to time, but the outcome will end in a learning experience and growth.

Stay true to yourself.


"The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it..."  Nicholas Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment